Journal of Applied Research and Smart Technology (ARSTech) accepts unpublished research articles regarding applied sciences and smart technologies in various sectors, such as mechanical & materials engineering, automotive & manufacturing process, energy conversion & renewable energy, robotics, mechatronic & artificial intelligent, chemical & biomedical engineering, marine & aerospace technologies, transportations, infrastructures and environment, including their transfer to other applied science and engineering applications. Smart technologies offer practical and sustainable solutions in the modern life of humankind by employing the latest technological advancements.
All manuscripts submitted to the ARSTech journal must be well-prepared in proper English. The journal's language is English (British or American spelling, but it should be consistent with only one form in the same manuscript). The work should not have been published or submitted for other publication elsewhere.
All submitted articles will be peer-reviewed by the technical experts/reviewers from the same field to achieve the publication standard of ARSTech Journal. The review process may take up to four weeks.
Authors are strongly suggested to use the submitted template of ARSTech Journal correctly. Please make sure a manuscript has been a well-prepared within a high standard before submitting it. A checklist will be essential to check all the items needed in the article there. Both template and checklist can be download here: ARSTech submission template.doc ; ARSTech checklist.pdf
Authors should pay attention to:
- A title should be accurate, unambiguous, specific, complete, and informative. Do not contain infrequently-used abbreviations. A declarative title is preferred rather than a descriptive title.
- An abstract should be factual that represent a concise and meaningful description of papercontents. It is presented briefly by about 150-250 words. The abstract should contain the problem statements with a brief background, the research objectives, the research approaches or the proposed methods, the main results, and significant findings, including the valuable conclusions and implication. It should be an abbreviated and accurate presentation of the paper contents to deliver the work's critical outputs. There will be ideally quantified data to provide sufficient information for readers. The abstract should not contain any equations, references, or footnotes. This style may help the authors to organise an appropriate abstract of a research article, for example starting from a brief background (1-2 sentences), purposes (1-2 sentences), method and research scenarios including various specimens and investigated parameters (2-6 sentences), main findings (2-5 sentences), valuable conclusions and implication (1-2 sentences).
- Keywords are commonly composed of about five words or phrases in alphabetical order, separated by commas, that clearly describe the subject matter
- A submitted manuscript must reach a minimum of 2,500 words and a maximum of 4,000 words. It can be included up to 8-12 figures and 2-4 tables. The words are counted only from the introduction, methods, results and discussion. The abstract, conclusion, references, figure captions, and tables will be not counted toward the word count.
- All publications cited in the main texts must be listed in single spacing using the IEEE style. Use of DOI is highly encouraged. The ARSTech journal suggests to cite more than 25 references for a research article, whereas a review article should cite more than 60 references from journal articles to reach the highest quality of the manuscript. The list of references indents 10 mm from the second line of each reference. Blogs, personal communications and unpublished data are not acceptable references.
Authors Submission Guideline
- All manuscripts must be submitted to the Editors of ARSTech Journal using online submission service at the following URL address http://journals2.ums.ac.id/index.php/arstech/about/submissions.
- Author should register first as author role. In case of the problem with the online submission, please do not hesitate to contact the Editors at the following email: email@example.com
- The step by step of the submission process for an author can be found at author submission guideline
What documents must be uploaded together when submitting an article
- A manuscript with ARSTech submission template (set as an "article text" when uploading)
- An Original Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement (CTA) form (the document can be signed electronically) [download the ARSTech CTA form here 2020] (upload as "a supplementary file / "other" )
Already have a Username/Password for ARSTech Journal?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of the current submissions.